Thursday, August 6, 2009

Size or Weight rather does matter!

Fast asleep in the ErgoWhen it is your first baby and the majority of your friends do not have children you may be oblivious to many things.
You may ( like myself) wander aimlessly around big baby stores trying to ‘register’ for baby things. You will without a doubt find others doing the same muttering things like…I have no idea what I need, that looks cool what is it, I dont think we need that lets get it.
I did not think about size or weight restrictions. I wish someone said look for a higher weight restriction than 25lbs. Especially on carseats and carriers. My daughter was born at 8lbs 3 and the bassinette on her ‘Play Yard’ is only good until 15lbs. For all the people out there without babies… the majority of 1 month olds are 10lbs or over. A friend of mine had a baby last month who was over 10lbs at birth!
Walking is a great way to meet people and get back to your normal size. What do you do if your area is not stroller friendly or want to walk off the beaten path. Baby carriers are fantastic!! I had a Snugli which was nice for awhile but only is good up to 22lbs. Let me tell you your back and shoulders will hurt long before you reach the limit. I am sure I am not the norm. I walk a average of 4k a day. For exercize yes but mostly to be social. I bit the bullet and bought and Ergo baby carrier. It was expensive but I love it. I have purses what seem heavier even with my 22lb+ daughter in it.
My darling sister asked me if I knew I would have to buy a new carseat and carrier before she is 6 months would I have bought the ones I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment