Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sleep is sleep

It appears that the things everyone tells you not to do are the same things you will end up doing. Just so you know they are doing them too.
I admit it. I let my daughter sleep on me for the first few months of her life. O.k. befor eyou say to yourself ‘oh, I wont do that…’ listen. Within the first month she was born ( in December) our heat broke. It took over a week for someone to come and replace the furnace. So yes, that worked for us. When we slept ( I slept sitting upright) She was warm. The following month we had two out of town funerals. It was easy to not have to bring a playyard when traveling from one side of Ontario to the other. Then came February. Our whole household got sick. It was easier for her to breathe sleeping on an incline and I was there to fix any nose clog situations before she could not breathe.
Life would be easier for me now had she been a good sleeper from the beginning. You play the cards you are dealt. I chose to do what I did because I needed to sleep and I needed her to sleep too. I got a lot of grief from my mother in law about this but she sleeps on her own now. No one will know in JK that for a few months she slept on me.
I guess my point is that you will do what you feel is best at the time for everyone. If I am up all night how can I take care of a baby all day? There are no perfect answers. There are only better solutions. I will not say don’t do…. You know your limits and your child better than anyone or any book. Trust your judgement but listen to advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment